Establishment of forest protection system
- Carry out a forest security patrol hierarchy base on guarding intensity grades. Certain amounts of rangers are assigned to take charge of patrol works in specific areas.
- Use information technology to compensate for the limited patrol staff by setting up the forest protection geographic information display system, compiling patrol data, and integrating spatial data through Grobal Position System (GPS).
Establishment of mechanism for forest fire prevention and rescue
- Set up the fire danger rating system regarding forest fire and its danger, reminding the general public about fire prevention in the mountain areas.
- Set up the forest fire incident command system (ICS) to step up fire fighting efficiency.
- Continue the development of the forest fire fighting organization and strengthen disaster rescue gear preparation
- Set up wireless telecommunication network system, supporting disaster rescue communication as well as wireless transmission of the on-the-spot disaster information
- Strengthen campaign on forest fire prevention as well as step up disaster drills
- Set up interdepartmental air fire-fighting mechanism, work with the air squadron of the Ministry of the Interior, see to the maintenance and development of the helicopters’ emergency landing areas in 54 places in the mountains as well as sites to obtain water, intensify air and ground cooperation to elevate the helicopters’ capability in dealing with forest fire prevention and rescue.
Strength forest criminal case clearing up, including stealing of major and minor forest products, and squatters of forest lands
- To implement arrest against illegal logging and excessive soil cultivation so as to protect forests, the bureau has undertaken the following measures: stipulate work plan to reinforce supervision over forest protection, rangers group visit to important areas or remote mountains known for transportation inconvenience, exploit GPS on forest and wild inspection so as to enhance positioning capability for the protection and evaluation of forest patrol staff, and come up with a survey list of the valuable wood varieties, then pinpointing the areas as sites for reinforced patrol.