- Planning, reviewing, announcing, and operating various protected areas.
- Assessment of the collecting and hunting, export and import, and use of wildlife and protected species.
- Coordination and collaboration of international conservation affairs.
- Technological and academic research on nature conservation, as well as thematic plans.
- Biodiversity conservation advocacy.
- Promoting community participation in nature conservation.
Wildlife Conservation Sec.
- Designing and amending wildlife conservation laws.
- Managing the Wildlife Conservation Advisory Committee, wildlife assessment and classification, and compiling, modifying, and announcing protected wildlife lists.
- Supervising and promoting wildlife conservation work at all levels of the government.
- Dealing with cases of violation against Wildlife Conservation Act and reviewing the report of such cases, in addition to giving rewards to the reportees and crack-down officers.
- Rescuing and sheltering wildlife, as well as other necessary acts.
- Handling wild animals which ruin farm and forest crops.
- Designing wildlife export and import regulations and reviewing and archiving relevant applications.
- Studying the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, CITES and making files for relevant data. On-site checking of captive bred CITES species.
- Developing and promoting identification technique for wildlife products.
- International conservation collaborations and inquiries.
- Overseas and domestic conservation organization meetings, technical exchange, and event participation.
- Wildlife conservation research and promotion.
- Supervising and managing wildlife hunting by indigenous people for traditional fests.
- Assessment of use of precious plants and animals for research and educational purposes.
- Setting up and supporting natural conservation foundations.
- Review and Signing Platform, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan (in Mandarin)
Habitat Management Sec.
- Planning and deliberation of various protected areas.
- Setting plans and making announcements for various protected areas.
- Operation and management, surveying and monitoring, and supervision of various protected areas.
- Operating the Natural Landscape Review Committee and supervising and promoting natural landscape conservation.
- Setting plans and making announcements for hunting and fishing areas.
- Supervising and promoting the operation and management of hunting and fishing areas.
- Deliberating and regularly reviewing operation and management plans for various protected areas and natural landscape maintenance management plans.
- Applications for entering various protected areas.
- Community participation of strategic conservation plans.
- Community participation in conservation work.
- Cultivating natural conservation educators and promoting relevant ideas.
- Promoting biodiversity plans.
- Drafting, planning and promoting policies for mitigating harm done by invasive species.
- Studying habitat conservation and promoting the results.
- Nature Conservation
- Community forestry plan applications(in Mandarin)
- Online applications for visiting nature reserve and forest reserve (in Mandarin)
Last updated on:2021-11-04