- National forest management, such as land cadastration, land-leasing case reviews, and more.
- National forest protection, such as cracking down on national forest illegal cultivation and logging, as well as preventing forest fires.
- Protection forest inspection, operation and management.
- Collecting data and printing booklets of public affairs and forestry promotion, as well as holding arbor-month events.
Forest Land Sec.
- National forest land cadastration, land registration, and leased land measurement.
- Reviewing leasing, yielding, or appropriation plans of national or public forests.
- Reviewing sand and gravel excavation plans and mining land leasing plans.
- Implementing compensation and retrieval plans of leased natonal forestland.
- Breaking of contracts of afforestation on leased national forest land and supervision of relevant laws.
- Promoting follow-up plans for former national forest land temporarily used as leased housing area, paddy fields, and arid land.
- Reviewing applications of change of use and category amendment of forestry land.
- Handling unfinished afforestation in leased national forest land.
- Retaining more aboriginal reserve.
- Setting up and promoting the forestry administration management system.
Forest Protection Sec.
- 1. Forest protection regulation amendments, analyses, and counselling.
- Studying, amending and processing forest fire prevention and rescue plans and advocacy.
- Setting up principles for handling land exploitation and dealing with such cases; handling illegal appropriation of state-owned land.
- Setting up principles for handling illegal logging and dealing with such cases; sharpening illegal logging-prevention skills and measures.
- Installing, managing and maintaining forest facilities.
- Logging site inspection, checking and stamping of forestry products to be transported.
- Planning and implementation of community-based forest protection.
- Handling of drift wood and principle designs.
- Planning and implementation of forest patrol task force.
- Satellite monitoring and wireless communications.
- Setting up, managing, and promoting the forest protection information system.
Protection Forest Sec.
- Holding annual protection forest inspections and making protection forest management and afforestation plans to strengthen the functionality of protection forests.
- Ensuring proper operations of protection forests in response to global climate change. Through reduction or increase in area of protection forests to correspond current conditions or spreading the forests’functionality.
- Collecting, arranging and renewing protection forest archives; making sure the online database provides comprehensive materials.
- Protection forest position querying.
Public Relations Sec.
- Public relations - coordination with public opinion agencies, social groups, and the press; subsidization of forestry promotion events; holding forestry news releases, press conferences, and forestry construction tours to advertise forestry administration results; collecting people’s opinions and correcting wrong information.
- Compilation, printing, and publication of comprehensive forestry news; exchange and storage of various publications; printing and publication of the Forestry Bureau’s introduction, annual reports, and Taiwan Forestry Journal.
- Holding arbor-month events. Selecting people with major contributions to forestry and natural conservation and appraising them on Arbor Day.
- Others, such as holding forestry exhibitions to promote relevant work.
Last updated on:2022-07-26