- National and public afforestation and coastal afforestation
- Thinning and cultivation
- Revegetation in landslide areas
- Afforestation on offshore islands
- Tackling diseases in trees
- Preventing and removing exotic invasive plants
- Corporate sponsorship for afforestation
- Selected stand and seed stand plans
- Remedies against natural disasters
- Bamboo forest conservation by veterans
Forestry Works Guidance Sec.
- Reviewing the implementation of national afforestation plans and explaining relevant laws.
- Promoting, supervising and reviewing subsidized hillside afforestation plans. Making, modifying, and explaining relevant regulations.
- Promoting short-term contracted economic afforestation, as well as relevant law amendments and explanations.
- Assessing flatland afforestation project outcomes and explaining relevant laws.
- Encouraging afforestation and distribution of seedlings for greening and beautifying purposes
- Promoting greening and beautifying work, reviewing community greening and beautifying projects, and organizing arbor-month tree-planting events.
- Drafting and supervising plans relating to feedback funds or hill-land development and utilization, as well as revision and explanation of laws and regulations
- Assisting in the management of public and private forests. Designing, assessing, and supervising quality-forest promotion plans.
- Afforestation loans.
- Making regulations for trimming of landscape trees, holding training for tree-protection professionals, and drafting and promoting relevant examinations and certifications
Forest Production Sec.
- Making and assessing annual logging plans.
- Making regulations governing disposition of forest products of state-owned forests and carrying out relevant practices.
- Making regulations of acquisition of harvesting forest products for indigenous people and carrying out relevant practices.
- Making regulations of traceability (QR code) and the verification of Certified Agricultural Standards (CAS) of Taiwan's forest products. Supervising, promoting and marketing forest products.
- Technological development for forest products; assisting county and city governments in forestry marketing work.
- Making regulations of under-forest economy; assisting county and city governments in forestry marketing work.
- Emerging bamboo industry businesses.
- Forest- product research and utilization; assisting county and city governments in forestry marketing work.
- Assisting county and city governments in forestry marketing work.
- Handling of post-natural disaster driftwood issues, such as making regulations and supervising relevant work.
Last updated on:2021-11-04