The 770-hectare Tengjhih National Forest Recreation Area is situated in Baoshan Village of Taoyuan Township in Kaohsiung County and ranges from 500 to 1804 meters above sea level. The mean annual temperature is 18-21 ºC. Its dense forest and pleasant, cool climate earn Tengjhih the nickname of "Southern Shitou”.
The steep terrain, dense forest, and enclosed landscape make visitors feel as if they have stepped into another world. If visitors climb to the observatory located on a peak 1804 meters above sea level, they will enjoy a grand view of magnificent mountains such as Yushan, the Central Mountain Range, and Beidawu Mountain. With a forest high in water vapor, resulting in 180 foggy days a year, visitors are frequently able to view a sea of clouds from the observatory. Beyond the observatory, the forest trails are as foggy as a fairyland.
||150 Baoshan Village, Taoyuan Township, Kaohsiung County
- Mon.~Fri.—Adults NT$80
- Weekends & Holidays—Adults NT$120
- Groups (20 or more) NT$80
- Students with student ID NT$60
- Children between 7 to 12 years old NT$60
- Children between 3 to 6 years old NT$10
- Adult over 65 years old with the R.O.C. ID NT$10
- Children between 0 to 2 years old NT$0
Last updated on:2019-07-01