Dasyueshan (Great Snow Mountain) National Forest Recreational Area is situated in Hopin township of Taichung County, and is accessible through Dasyueshan Forest Road. There are numerous mountain ranges and dense forests here. This 3963-hectare area ranges from 1000 to 2996 meters above sea level.The climate is humid and cool at 12ºC in mean annual temperature. This high-quality recreation destination attracts about 200,000 visitors each year.
This area is situated at the end of the Snow Mountain range, where it joins Shiaoshui Mountain, Anma Mountain, Boat-shaped Mountain and Shaolai Mountain ranges. This area provides a variety of stunning views, but the best one is from Yakou Observatory. From the observatory, visitors can look out onto a panorama of the nearby Baigoudashan all the way to the distant Yushan (Jade Mountain). The atmospheric views are particularly wondrous and include a sea of clouds, a highlighted sky, and various mountain ranges.
||10 shsuehshan Rd. Heping Township, Taichung County
- Mon.~Fri.—Adults NT$150
- Weekends & Holidays—Adults NT$200
- Groups (20 or more) NT$150
- Students with student ID NT$100
- Children between 7 to 12 years old NT$100
- Children between 3 to 6 years old NT$10
- Adult over 65 years old with the R.O.C. ID NT$10
- Children between 0 to 2 years old NT$0
Last updated on:2022-01-12